All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor nearly a decade Camille Seaman has documented the rapidly changing landscapes of Earth's polar regions. As an expedition photographer aboard small ships in the Arctic and Antarctic, she has chronicled the accelerating effects of global warming on the jagged face of nearly fifty thousand icebergs. Seaman's unique perspective of the landscape is entwined with her Native American upbringing, she sees two icebergs as alike: each responds to its environment uniquely, almost as if they were living beings. Through Seaman's lens, each towering chunk of ice--breathtakingly beautiful in layers of smoky grey and turquoise blue--takes on a distinct personality, giving her work the feel of majestic portraiture. Melting Away collects seventy-five of Seaman's most captivating photographs, life affirming images that reveal t only what we have already lost, but more importantly what we still have that is worth fighting to save.
- Author BiographyCamille Seaman was born in 1969 to a Native American (Shinnecock tribe) father and African American mother. She graduated in 1992 from the State University of New York at Purchase, where she studied photography with Jan Groover and has since taken master workshops with Steve McCurry, Sebastiao Salgado, and Paul Fusco. Her photographs have been published in National Geographic Magazine , Italian Geo , The New York Times Sunday Magazine , Newsweek , Time , Outside , Zeit Wissen , Men's Journal , Camera Arts , German Geo among many others. Camille Seaman lives in Emeryville, California, and takes photographs all over the world using digital and film cameras in multiple formats. She works in a documentary/fine art tradition. She lectures globally about her work and experiences.
- Author(s)Camille Seaman
- PublisherPrinceton Architectural Press
- Date of Publication02/12/2014
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton Architectural Press
- Content Note200 colour images
- Weight1089 g
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.90Trending at AU $51.50
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.73
- AU $32.80Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.68Trending at AU $39.99
- AU $19.55Trending at AU $23.96
- AU $32.00Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $14.60Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.