All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe mules had been clip-clopping around the sun-baked hills for generations. They always clip-clopped in the same direction: west towards the setting sun. And they never ventured down to the glittering green sea. But Melu was different. He was always out of step. When the herd clipped, Melu clopped. When the others clopped, Melu clipped. And one day, he decided he wanted to go down to the glittering green sea ...
- Author BiographyKyle Mewburn lives with his wife in Millers Flat, Central Otago and has written a number of picture books for Scholastic including the award-winning Kiss! Kiss! Yuck! Yuck!, and the 2010 NZ Post Children's Book of the Year, Old Hu-Hu. Kyle's zany sense of humour is also used to good effect in his new junior fiction series, Dinosaur Rescue. Partners in life and work, Ali and John work closely together in the illustration and design of their picture books, as evidenced in the award-winning Kiss! Kiss! Yuck! Yuck! They live in Tauranga with their young son Tiger.
- PrizesWinner of PANZ Book Design Awards: Best Children's Book 2013 and LIANZA Children's Book Awards: Te Kura Pounamu 2013. Shortlisted for LIANZA Children's Book Awards: Russell Clark Medal for Illustration 2013 and New Zealand Post Children's Book Award: Picture Book 2013 and PANZ Book Design Awards: Best Cover 2013.
- Author(s)Kyle Mewburn
- PublisherScholastic New Zealand Limited
- Date of Publication01/10/2012
- SubjectPicture Books
- Place of PublicationAuckland
- Country of PublicationNew Zealand
- ImprintScholastic New Zealand
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Width215 mm
- Height265 mm
- Illustrator(s)Ali Teo,John O'Reilly
- Edition StatementMaori language ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.