All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is a compelling story of personal triumph over the twist and turns our lives sometimes take. A must read for every woman, every person coming of age. It will make you cry, laugh and smile as you reflect back on the circumstances of your choices. It is inspirational in the aspect that it empowers one to realize that freedom from our circumstances is possible, if we truly believe in The Lord and ourselves and act on those beliefs. It is t a happy ever after but rather a bold look at how one woman continues to fight back at life with her belief in the power of Faith in God and a Divine ability to be able to succeed despite the setbacks from herself and the system that often seems to fight us all. We are all truly works in progress.(Via P.Mallard) This book is a truly gritty yet empowering, spiritually intense, and brutally honest confession of a beautiful rose that was trapped in a glass, with air to breathe. The emergence from the glass that trapped that lost spirit, will forever be a testament to God's love. A Divine commitment of perseverance, and courage through the daily renewal of a lost soul. A true testament of the unconditional forgiveness of Our Father Who Art In Heaven... Not only created for those lost in the perils of addiction, this story is for anyone in need of new way of life, a regeneration of the soul. A portion of the proceeds will assist battered women and their children and Breast Cancer Awareness. The author is a survivor of many disadvantaging circumstances including addiction. She found a way to live free from drugs, free from abuse and free from living as a victim. She is merely sharing her life with others like herself, with the hope that her story will inspire others to seek enlightenment, go on a quest for the truth, and learn to embrace the past; in order to be free from it. This is a story of turning your pain into progress...
- Author BiographyMs. April M. LaLand was born in the Bronx, New York to her parents, Barry and Rachel LaLand in June 1969. Her early childhood was very happy until her Mother passed away when she was only 8 years old and her life seemed, for a while, to spiral downhill. There were several misfortunate episodes in her early childhood including molestation at 10 years old, abuse, rape and most devastatingly drug addiction beginning at the age of 15. She did however graduate high school and began her family at the age of 19. She had five beautiful children and an extended yet difficult series of relationships including one marriage. As her drug use spiraled out of control, April eventually ended up incarcerated facing 10 years in prison. While incarcerated almost 2 years, she met representatives from The Georgia Justice Project of Atlanta, GA, who assisted in her release and subsequent start in the recovery process. She participated in numerous drug recovery programs but never seemed to be able to maintain sobriety and eventually lost custody of two of her children. But she never gave up and never gave in. April eventually attended Horry Georgetown Technical College in 2003, graduating with honors and being inducted into Phi Theta Kappa. She excelled in her collegiate studies obtaining degrees in Supervisory Management and Business yet still battled the demons of addiction. Soon the day came when she was introduced to Jesus Christ by her Pastor, Daniel Fagan and accepted Jesus as her Lord and Savior. April began her Spiritual walk with Christ, and with her Pastor's continuous guidance and support, she is fulfilling God's Purpose for her life. Although April has remained free from drugs, she does not forget the tremendous struggle addiction gave her and she believes in the Divine purpose for her life today. Following the path God has set, she is now an Author, Mentor to women in crisis, and a motivational speaker; empowering and inspiring those still left in the perils of abuse and addiction. Her mission is to spread the power of The Lord and help addicts and victioms of abuse, especially women, find the truth in The Word of God.
- Author(s)April M Laland
- Date of Publication16/12/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight213 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byJackie S Henderson
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $26.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.