Memoir of Leonard Horner, F.R.S., F.G.S. 2 Volume Paperback Set: Consisting of Letters to His Family and from Some of His Friends by Leonard Horner (Multiple copy pack, 2011)
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLeonard Horner (1785-1864) was a prominent geologist, educator and, later, a factory inspector. In 1833 he was appointed to the Royal Commission on the employment of children in factories, and he inspected sites around the rth of England. His earlier scientific work saw him elected a fellow of the Royal Society in 1813, and he was twice president of the Geological Society. The two-volume Memoir of Leonard Horner, edited by his daughter, Katharine Lyell, and published in 1890, is a selection of letters to and from his family and friends. The correspondence gives vivid insights into the world of this influential reformer, his scientific, social and political concerns, and key moments in his personal life.
- Author(s)Leonard Horner
- PublisherCambridge Library Collection
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- FormatMultiple copy pack
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Series TitleCambridge Library Collection - Earth Science
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note2 b/w illus.
- Weight1310 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine70 mm
- Edited byKatharine M. Lyell
- Contained items statementContains 2 Paperbacks
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $38.44Trending at AU $48.97
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.95
- AU $22.22Trending at AU $31.05
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.11
- AU $20.74Trending at AU $24.30
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.