All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGeorge was born into a world of village cricket matches and fox-hunting, but his failing income and the onset of war threatens his way of life. A touching depiction of pre-First World War Britain, Memoirs of a Fox-Hunting Man is also a coming-of-age story which follows George from a shy and awkward childhood, through shiftless adolescence, to an officer just beginning to understand the horrors of trench warfare. Written after Siegfried Sassoon's return from the First World War but looking back at happier times,Memoirs of a Fox-Hunting Man was published anymously in 1928. Already established as a poet, this was Sassoon's first attempt at fiction - and Faber & Faber's first bestseller.
- Author BiographySiegfried Sassoon was born in 1886. He served in the trenches during the First World War, where he began to write the poems for which he is remembered. Apart from the War Poems of 1919, he published eight volumes of verse during his lifetime. But it is as a novelist and autobiographer that he is perhaps better known. Sassoon's semi-autobiographical trilogy, Memoirs of a Fox-Hunting Man (1928), Memoirs of an Infantry Officer (1930) and Sherston's Progress (1936), was outstandingly successful.
- Author(s)Siegfried Sassoon
- PublisherFaber & Faber
- Date of Publication04/06/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFaber & Faber
- Weight309 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Edition StatementMain - Faber Modern Classics
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.00Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.03
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.