All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMemoria tells the seemingly ordinary story of a woman overwhelmed by grief when her lover abandons her. The loss opens an old wound: some 20 years ago Emma's teenage sister vanished without a trace. Soon Emma will meet ather man, but the return to joy is painfully slow. Rarely has the loss of love, as well as the subtle dislocation of a family hit by tragedy, been evoked more poignantly than in this lumius vel. In Memoria's multi-layered narrative, the reader is irresistibly drawn into the slow reconstruction of Emma's outer and inner world, a world of dizzying sensuality, deep sadness, bewitchingly beautiful images, and, ultimately, the small circle of new beginnings.
- Author BiographyLouise Dupre is the author of eight collections of poetry. She was twice nominated for the Governor General's Award for Poetry. In addition, she has written a book of literary criticism. Her first novel, La memoria, published in Montreal in 1996 to critical acclaim, won the Prix de la Societe des ecrivains canadiens (section de Montreal), as well as the Prix Ringuet awarded by the Academie des lettres du Quebec, and is now in its fourth printing. Louise Dupre teaches literature and creative writing at the Universite du Quebec a Montreal, where, from 1995 to 1998, she was editor-in-chief of Voix et images, an internationally known review of Quebecois literature.
- Author(s)Louise Dupre
- PublisherThe Dundurn Group
- Date of Publication01/04/1999
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationOntario
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintSimon & Pierre Publishers
- Weight254 g
- Width139 mm
- Height215 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $23.13
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.13
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.53
- AU $22.15Trending at AU $23.01
- AU $26.48Trending at AU $30.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.