All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Memories After My Death' is the story of Tommy Lapid, a well-loved and controversial Israeli figure who saw the development of the country from all angles over its first sixty years. From seeing his father taken away to a concentration camp to arriving in Tel Aviv at the birth of Israel, Tommy Lapid lived every major incident of Jewish life since the 1930s first-hand. This sweeping narrative is mesmerizing for anyone with an interest in how Israel became what it is today. Lapid's uniquely urthodox opinions - he belonged to neither left r right, was Jewish, but vehemently secular - expose the many contradictions inherent in Israeli life today.
- Author BiographyYair Lapid recently entered the Israeli political arena as the founder and leader of the political party Yesh Atid. Previously, he was one of Israel's leading journalists and broadcasters. He has published ten books, all of which have featured in the Israeli bestseller lists. Evan Fallenberg is author of the award-winning novels 'Light Fell' and 'When We Danced on Water'. His translations include Meir Shalev's 'A Pigeon and a Boy', a finalist for the PEN Translation Prize, and Ron Leshem's 'Beaufort', runner up for the TLS Risa Domb/Porjes Prize for the Translation of Hebrew Literature.
- Author(s)Yair Lapid
- PublisherElliott & Thompson Limited
- Date of Publication01/11/2012
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintElliott & Thompson Limited
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Translated byEvan Fallenberg
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.72
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.50
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $77.17
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $72.89
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $85.01
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.03
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.