All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $62.46
- AU $52.98Trending at AU $72.91
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
About this product
- DescriptionNot content to be a tremendous photographer, painter, filmmaker, performance artist and activist David Wojnarowicz (1954-92) was also the author of three classic books: Close to the Knives, The Waterfront Journals and Memories That Smell Like Gasoline, w back in print from Artspace. This volume collects four tales-- Into the Drift and Sway, Doing Time in a Disposable Body, Spiral and the title story--interspersed with ink drawings by the artist. Sometimes it gets dark in here behind these eyes I feel like the physical equivalent of a scream. The highway at night in the headlights of this speeding car speeding is the only motion that lets the heart unravel and in the wind of the road the two story framed houses appear one after the other like some cinematic stage set... From these opening sentences of the book (in Into the Drift and Sway ), Wojnarowicz lets loose a salvo of explicit gay sexual reverie harshly lit by the New York cityscape.
- Author(s)David Wojnarowicz
- PublisherProfile Books Ltd
- Date of Publication01/09/1992
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintArt Space Books,U.S.
- Content Noteline drawings
- Weight259 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.