All listings for this product
Best-selling in Cook Books
Save on Cook Books
- AU $36.38Trending at AU $38.09
- AU $23.04Trending at AU $35.24
- AU $34.43Trending at AU $39.27
- AU $28.80Trending at AU $50.69
- AU $41.86Trending at AU $44.06
- AU $33.74Trending at AU $39.64
- AU $32.19Trending at AU $33.36
About this product
- DescriptionWith a voice as warm as a summer breeze, Nancy Hutchens recalls afterons in the shade of the back porch, snapping beans for canning...family reunions where the gossip was as good as the food...the serene beauty of the first frost of winter...and other cherished Memories of a Midwestern Farm. Nancy Hutchens grew up on a southern Indiana farm in the 1950s, when horses still plowed the fields. Soap and butter were homemade, and success was a table laden with a hearty meal. Now she shares this bygone time in Memories of a Midwestern Farm, a celebration of country living sprinkled with irresistible recipes, reminiscences, and bits of timeless folk wisdom. Here are the charming poems and journal entries of Nancy Hutchens' grandmother, Mamaw Tribby; reflections on rural life from Willa Cather, Walt Whitman and others; and family photos and original illustrations that adorn the pages of this beautiful memoir. And here are more than one hundred classic recipes handed down in the Hutchens farmhouse kitchen. From Moist and Crunchy Fried Chicken and Gravy and Green Beans Country Style to Sweet Cherry Dumplings and 'Get You a Husband' Apple Pie, these mouthwatering favorites bring back the sweet and savory pleasures of country cooking for any occasion and every season. Memories of a Midwestern Farm is a delightful antidote to modern life, a tribute to the simple gifts that bring farm folks together -- hard work, close ties, and an abundance of good, wholesome food.
- Author BiographyNancy Hutchens lives in a two-hundred-year-old house in Westchester County, New York, with her husband, Michael Fields. She grew up in Greene County, Indiana. After attending Indiana University she received a Ph.D. from Rice University. She works as a management consultant.
- Author(s)Nancy Hutchens
- PublisherAtria Books
- Date of Publication01/07/1998
- SubjectNational & Regional Cuisine
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAtria Books
- Content Note1-2 spine
- Weight277 g
- Width180 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.