Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionMemory and Amnesia provides a clear and comprehensive account of amnesia set in the context of our understanding of how rmal memory operates. Part I provides the reader with an up-to-date survey of contemporary memory theories along with an account of the various methods for improving memory ability. Part II begins with an overview of memory assessment which incorporates all important new developments, and focuses on the nature and explanation of the amnesic syndrome. A new chapter deals with the emerging field of memory disorders linked to frontal lobe dysfunction, related to which is an entirely new approach to the study of age-related memory loss. The account of dementia is extended and includes a discussion of comparisons between different forms of the illness. The chapters on transient amnesic states and on psychogenic states are fully updated (including discussion of the false memory debate), and the significant advances in memory remediation are discussed in the last chapter.
- Author BiographyAlan J. Parkin is Professor of Experimental Psychology at the University of Sussex. He is the author of a number of successful textbooks.
- Author(s)Alan J. Parkin
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication02/02/1999
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationHove
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPsychology Press Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight408 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.