All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe concept of 'memory' has given rise to some of the most exciting new directions in contemporary theory. In this much-needed guide to a burgeoning field of a study, Anne Whitehead: * presents a history of the concept of 'memory' and its uses, encompassing both memory as activity and the nature of memory * examines debates around the term in their historical and cultural contexts * introduces the reader to key thinkers in the field, from ancient Greece to the present day * traces the links between theorisations and literary representations of memory. Offering a clear and succinct guide to one of the most important terms in contemporary theory, this volume is essential reading for anyone entering the field of Memory Studies, or seeking to understand current developments in Cultural and Literary Studies.
- Author BiographyAnne Whitehead is Senior Lecturer in the School of English at Newcastle University. She is the author of Trauma Fiction and has edited Theories of Memory: A Reader and W. G. Sebald: A Critical Companion.
- Author(s)Anne Whitehead
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication04/09/2008
- Series TitleThe New Critical Idiom
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight226 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.