Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $19.28Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionLike his great, great uncle, the early geneticist Gregor Mendel, Dr. Benedict Lambert is struggling to unlock the secrets of heredity. But Benedict's mission is particularly urgent and particularly personal, for he is afflicted with achondroplasiahe's a dwarf. He's also a man desperate for love. And when he finds it in the form of Jeansimple and shyhe stumbles upon an opportunity to correct the injustice of his own capricious genes. As intelligent as it is entertaining, this witty and surprisingly erotic vel reveals the beauty and drama of scientific inquiry as it informs us of the simple passions against which even the most brilliant mind is rendered powerless.
- Author BiographySimon Mawer earned a graduate degree in zoology from Oxford University. He is the author of four previous books published in England, including Chimera, which won the McKitterick prize for a first novel. He lives and teaches in Rome.
- Author(s)Simon Mawer
- PublisherPenguin Books Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/1999
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPenguin Books Ltd
- Out-of-print date22/10/2004
- Content Noteillustrations, geneal. table, bibliographical references
- Weight268 g
- Width130 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $12.83Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.21
- AU $11.81Trending at AU $19.09
- AU $19.78Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.20Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.07Trending at AU $49.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.