All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.08
About this product
- DescriptionThoroughly discussing the varied elements of meniscal damage and repair, Meniscal Injuries: Management and Surgical Techniques includes the insights and expertise of over 20 leading surgeons and researchers on topics ranging from meniscal anatomy, physical examination, invative resection and repair techniques, gene therapy, and tissue regeneration. This treatise offers wisdom aimed at assessing true surgical candidates, exploring the intricacies of meniscal composition and function, an overview of meniscal scaffolds and replacements, and patient examination pearls. Also discussed in depth is cutting edge research concerning meniscal repair enhancement, nafiber techlogy as a means of meniscal replacement, and biologic agents directed toward chondral protection. All the science presented will direct the sports medicine practitioner to state-of-the-art treatment aimed at knee preservation. Meniscal repair and regeneration is a rapidly evolving science - early attempts at meniscal restoration or repair resulted in short-term gains which often sacrificed long-term joint integrity. Now, the practitioner is afforded numerous means of retaining or restoring meniscal tissue. Breakthroughs in scaffold and allograft replacement, as featured herein, offer the promise of articular cartilage preservation like never before. In addition, tissue regeneration and gene therapy techniques, featured throughout, offer a glimpse into emerging techlogies aimed at preserving or replacing meniscal tissue in previously considered hopeless cases. As such, Meniscal Injuries will be an indispensible resource to orthopedic surgeons and sports medicine practitioners interested in providing the absolute most contemporary and evidence-based care to their patients.
- Author BiographyJohn D. Kelly, IV, MD, Associate Professor of Clinical Orthopedic Surgery, Chief of Sports Shoulder Service, Department of Orthopedic Surgery, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA, USA
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication03/08/2016
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note17 black & white illustrations, 64 colour illustrations, 7 black & white tables, biography
- Weight288 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Edited byJohn D Kelly IV
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.