All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHow does the decision to become a parent unfold for heterosexual men? Is becoming a father a 'decision' at all or a series of events? These questions are the starting point for this critical book, in which the authors unravel the social and interpersonal processes - shaped by deeply entrenched socio-cultural rms - that come to bear on parenthood decision-making in the South African context. Drawing on the narratives of white, Afrikaans women and men, Men's Pathways to Parenthood uses an invative discursive method to illuminate the roles masculinity, whiteness, class, and heterormativity play in these accounts. Men's Pathways to Parenthood addresses an under- researched topic in gender studies - namely, men and reproductive decision-making - and will be an important resource for scholars in gender studies, sexualities, and reproductive health, as well as those interested in invative approaches to discursive research.
- Author BiographyCatriona Macleod (PhD) is Professor of Psychology and SARChI chair of the Critical Studies in Sexualities and Reproduction research program at Rhodes University. She is author of the multi-award winning book Adolescence', pregnancy and abortion: Constructing a threat of degeneration. She is editor-in-chief of the journal Feminism & Psychology. Tracy Morison (PhD) works as a researcher at the Human Sciences Research Council. She is a research associate of the Rhodes University Psychology Department and Critical Studies in Sexualities and Reproduction research program.
- Author(s)Catriona MacLeod,Tracy Morison
- PublisherHSRC Press
- Date of Publication01/07/2015
- SubjectPregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationCape Town
- Country of PublicationSouth Africa
- ImprintHSRC Press
- Weight355 g
- Width168 mm
- Height240 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.88Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.