All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMENTAGY is a new mental strategy puzzle. The puzzle creator is a Mathematics and Philosophy professor with specialties in Logic and Critical Thinking. He w focuses on teaching chess in schools and gives private chess lessons using the web. The MENTAGY puzzle was originally developed as a teaching tool for his chess students. It was soon discovered that the puzzle is fun for all ages. If you are looking for a new puzzle challenge, this fresh approach to the puzzle world may be just what you need. MENTAGY is completely different from anything that you have seen before and is so new that the puzzle itself is patent pending. The best way to find out if you like the puzzle is simply to give it a try. MENTAGY is easy to learn. To solve a MENTAGY puzzle: Place the letters A to Z in alphabetical order, one letter in each cell of the puzzle grid Finish each bold-outlined box before starting ather one Each row and column may contain only one vowel (A E I O U or Y). The book's 101 puzzles will challenge your assumptions while engaging your creativity and imagination. The book has an abundance of Beginner and Intermediate puzzles as well as Advanced and Expert ones for those who enjoy using logic and critical thinking. This workout for your mind increases clarity and helps to sharpen your abilities to visualize and plan ahead while improving memory. The easier MENTAGY puzzles can be solved in just a few minutes. The more difficult ones may provide a much longer challenge. These puzzles have been tested by school students from elementary grades through college age, adults of all ages, and seniors up to 82 years old. Young and old and in-between all agree that MENTAGY is both fun and challenging.
- Author BiographyThe puzzle creator and book author, Allyn Kahn, is a Mathematics and Philosophy professor with specialties in Logic and Critical Thinking. He now focuses on teaching chess at after school programs, home school co-ops, and chess camps, and gives private chess lessons using the web. The MENTAGY puzzle was originally developed as a teaching tool for his chess students. In his early teens, Allyn was Philadelphia Chess Champion for his age group for three consecutive years. He placed sixth in the country in the 1979 Golden Knights Correspondence Chess Championship, earning an expert chess rating. Allyn has played in a number of tournaments, earning several wins against chess masters. He placed third in the 2002 Vermont Spring Open, losing only one game, to Grandmaster Alexander Ivanov. From 2005-2007 Allyn placed first in three St. Petersburg (Florida) Open Tournaments. In the past few years Allyn's students have been winning top prizes. One student, now eleven, has won first place in three sections of the St. Petersburg Scholastic Tournament (K-2, K-5 and K-8) and she earned 2nd place in the K-12 section. Three other students, all under the age of 12, have won first prize in the K-12 section of both the Tampa and St. Petersburg tournaments.
- Author(s)MR Allyn Kahn
- Date of Publication21/04/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight181 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine8 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.