All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis highly regarded text returns as part of Palgrave's Interagency Working in Health and Social Care series, to offer a clear and considered guide to modern mental health policy and practice. Completely up to date, it highlights key changes and developments for today's students and practitioners and explores the implications for future practice. Building on the success of previous editions this third edition provides: * An up-to-date overview of the changes to mental health policy and practice as they apply to a broad range of mental health services, from primary care and forensic mental health issues * A focus on mental health specific issues in the context of broader health and social care reforms, including the reform of primary care, the impact of austerity and the personalisation agenda * A greater exploration of what interagency working means: it goes beyond issues with health and social services and explores the everyday services that are essential to everyone * A range of case studies, reflection and analyses, followed by engaging exercises and suggestions for further reading. This book is designed for students of social work, social policy, nursing and health taking courses on mental health policy and practice. It also serves as an important update for practitioners in the field.
- Author BiographyJon Glasby is Professor of Health and Social Care and Director of the Health Services Management Centre at the University of Birmingham, UK. He is a qualified social worker by background and a board member of the Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE). Specialising in joint work between health and social care, Jon is involved in regular policy analysis and advice. He sits on the editorial boards of the International Journal of Integrated Care and the Journal of Integrated Care. Jerry Tew is a Reader in Mental Health and Social Work and Head of Education in the School of Social Policy, Institute of Applied Social Studies.
- Author(s)Jerry Tew,Jon Glasby
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/04/2015
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleInteragency Working in Health and Social Care
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2006
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Note5
- Weight410 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement3rd New edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $21.97
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.03
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.19
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.45
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.71
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.