All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book examines how counsellors and psychotherapists interact with those clients who may suffer from mental health issues. While practising counsellors and psychotherapists meet clients who have problems across the entire mental health spectrum, there are a number of particular disorders that these practitioners are particularly likely to encounter. These include anxiety, depression, stress, addiction, phobias and behavioural problems. In this book, all of these conditions are explained and the ways in which therapists can best help such clients are discussed. There are sections on client assessments as well as addiction issues and understanding mental health law.
- Author BiographyNorman is psychotherapist and former Head of Counselling and Psychotherapy studies at the University of Southampton. In addition to his academic teaching and writing, he maintains a small private practice and, as an acknowledged organisational counselling consultant, he is frequently retained as an advisor/practitioner by many private firms and governmental agencies. This necessarily involves him in a considerable volume of trauma response provision.
- Author(s)Norman Claringbull
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication10/02/2011
- SubjectMedicine: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleCounselling and Psychotherapy Practice Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Weight414 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine12 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.90
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $87.85
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.18
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.34
- AU $34.77Trending at AU $42.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.