All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.55Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $32.60Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $25.61
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $12.94Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $26.67Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionThe 14 new essays in this collection, from under-represented faculty who teach at predominantly white colleges and universities, discuss both the tenure and promotion experiences of faculty of color and are t racial, ethnic, gender, cultural or discipline specific. The book is thus t only for aspiring graduate students of color and faculty of color desirous of outside mentoring but also for administrators interested in the professional development and dilemmas of faculty of color. Faculty of color describes how they navigated the complex terrain of higher education to achieve tenure or promotion. Most of the contributors are at the associate professor stage of their careers and some hold the rank of full professor.
- Author BiographyDwayne Mack is an associate professor of history and Carter G. Woodson Chair of African American History at Berea College. Elwood D. Watson is a professor of history and African American studies at East Tennessee State University in Johnson City, Tennessee. Michelle Madsen Camacho is a professor and chair of the Sociology Department at the University of San Diego.
- PublisherMcFarland & Co Inc
- Date of Publication15/12/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationJefferson, NC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcFarland & Co Inc
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byElwood Watson,McFarland & Co,Michelle Ma Camacho
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.