All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $26.57Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $22.05
- AU $28.03Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $26.84Trending at AU $29.51
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $29.90
About this product
- DescriptionIn Beyond the Perfect Stage, Stephanie Berger captures the Merce Cunningham Dance Company performing in a series of site-specific Events from 2008 to 2011 from a multiplicity of perspectives, creating a photographic choreography that combines the Events in a new way. The Cunningham dancers warm up and then perform in various situations--as Cunningham called the galleries and the especially constructed stages for each Event --including Richard Serra's steel sculptures, Dan Flavin's neon light installations, Sol LeWitt's Minimalist white boxes and the vast Drill Hall of the Park Avenue Armory. Berger captures Cunningham's evanescent art, constructing a new experience while at the same time preserving the original, thus operating very much within the aesthetic framework Cunningham himself proposed. Vivid, immediate, unmediated yet curated, her photographic Event contextualizes the dances in a personal but entirely available form.
- Author(s)Nancy Dalva,Stephanie Berger
- Date of Publication01/03/2016
- Place of PublicationBologna
- Country of PublicationItaly
- First Published2016
- Weight770 g
- Width225 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.