All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $79.99Trending at AU $86.44
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $61.12
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $79.24
- AU $52.90Trending at AU $53.46
- AU $43.80Trending at AU $49.41
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.82
- AU $12.24Trending at AU $21.10
About this product
- DescriptionIt's 1864 in downtrodden Lowell, Massachusetts. The Civil War has taken its toll on the town-leaving the ecomy in ruin and its women in dire straits. That is, until Asa Mercer arrives on a peculiar, but providential, errand: he seeks high-minded women who can exert an elevating influence in Seattle, where there are ten men for every woman. Mail-order brides, yes, but of a certain caliber. Schoolmarmish Josephine, tough-as-nails Dovey, and pious perfectionist Sophronia see their chance to exchange their bleak prospects for new lives. But the very troubles that sent them running from Lowell follow them to the muddy streets of Seattle, and the friendships forged on the cross-country trek are tested at every turn. Just when the journey seems to lead only to ruin, an encounter with a famous suffragist could be their salvation. But to survive both an untamed new landscape and their pasts, they'll need all their strength-and one ather.
- Author BiographySelf-described as a bona fide history nerd, Libbie Hawker writes historical and literary fiction featuring deeply human characters, with rich details of time and place. She is the author of eleven novels, and she lives in the beautiful San Juan Islands of Washington State with her husband.
- Author(s)Libbie Hawker
- PublisherAmazon Publishing
- Date of Publication10/05/2016
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationSeattle
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLake Union Publishing
- Weight408 g
- Width137 mm
- Height208 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.