All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMake six classic garments and create a stylish multi-layered wardrobe from scratch. Full-size patterns are provided for a neat vest with a boxer back detail, an elegant bias-cut long-sleeved dress, a simple long gathered skirt with a drawstring waist, a batwing wrap top, an oversized drop-shoulder jacket and a pair of classic wide leg trousers. By choosing seasonal cloth, the versatility of these projects can be enjoyed from the first hint of spring to the end of winter. The aim of this book is to move beyond simplicity and dare the maker to develop new skills. With variations for tops, dresses, shorts and a coat, our precise step-by-step instructions and inspiring photography will enable you sew with confidence. The reward will be an all season, multi-layer wardrobe by your own hand. We hope you, the reader, are ready for this set of challenges and willing to pace yourselves through the more complicated garments. Full-size patterns for all six garments are included, ready to be traced off and put to good use immediately. Make fashion work.
- Author BiographyCarolyn Denham and Roderick Field, aka Merchant & Mills, produce a range of patterns and ready-to-make kits and superb notions in utilitarian packaging. Carolyn has a degree in fashion and spent several years in interior design. Roderick is a photographer and writer with works in the National Portrait Gallery. Merchant & Mills products are stocked by the Design Museum, Liberty, the Victoria and Albert Museum and Selvedge as well as by independent retailers all over the UK and selected outlets in France, Japan and the US. Their first book, Merchant & Mills Sewing Book is available from Pavilion Lifestyle.
- Author(s)Merchant Mills
- PublisherPavilion Books
- Date of Publication28/05/2015
- SubjectHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCollins & Brown
- Content NoteOver 100 photos and illustrations
- Weight953 g
- Width218 mm
- Height277 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $192.00Trending at AU $201.31
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.70
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.30
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $83.84
- AU $64.76Trending at AU $68.73
- AU $77.30Trending at AU $78.19
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.12
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.