All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with three main aspects of the history of Indian business: The relationship between business and politics, the position of merchants and businessmen in the ecomy and society of late colonial India, and how particular merchant networks extended the range of their operations to the entire subcontinent and the wider world.
- Author BiographyCLAUDE MARKOVITS is Directeur de Recherche (Senior Research Fellow) at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris, France. His publications include Indian Business and Nationalist Politics (1985), The Global World of Indian Merchants (2000), and The Un-Gandhian Gandhi. He edited A History of Modern India 1480-1950 (2002).
- Author(s)Claude Markovits
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/10/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight515 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.64Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.06Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $73.88Trending at AU $78.04
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.