All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.18
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.88
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.07
- AU $26.15Trending at AU $26.47
- AU $35.37Trending at AU $37.41
- AU $49.76Trending at AU $53.81
About this product
- DescriptionThis book deals with three main aspects of the history of Indian business: The relationship between business and politics, the position of merchants and businessmen in the ecomy and society of late colonial India, and how particular merchant networks extended the range of their operations to the entire subcontinent and the wider world.
- Author BiographyCLAUDE MARKOVITS is Directeur de Recherche (Senior Research Fellow) at the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique, Paris, France. His publications include Indian Business and Nationalist Politics (1985), The Global World of Indian Merchants (2000), and The Un-Gandhian Gandhi. He edited A History of Modern India 1480-1950 (2002).
- Author(s)Claude Markovits
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication23/10/2008
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight515 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.