All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFor decades, Southeast Asia's Golden Triangle, where the borders of Thailand, Laos, and Burma intersect, has been infamous for its opium and heroin production. But in the 1990s, the drug gangs in the Golden Triangle began to produce methamphetamine, a synthetic narcotic that is t dependent on an unreliable crop like the opium poppy. The drug has become kwn as ya ba in Thailand - madness medicine. The drug makes users hyperactive and often aggressive, breaking them down mentally as well as physically. It has led to murders, stabbings, and the kidnappings of incent people. Who are the merchants of this madness? Bertil Lintner and Michael Black's answer is based on two decades of extensive research including first-hand accounts of the drug trade from law enforcement officers, intelligence officials, and sources close to the drug traffickers. Their expose reveals how the Golden Triangle drug trade has grown to become a multi-billion dollar criminal enterprise.
- Author BiographyBertil Lintner is a journalist based in northern Thailand. Michael Black is a Thailand-based freelance writer.
- Author(s)Bertil Lintner,Michael Black
- PublisherSilkworm Books / Trasvin Publications LP
- Date of Publication04/03/2009
- SubjectSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationChiang Mai
- Country of PublicationThailand
- ImprintSilkworm Books
- Content Note37 illus., 32 in color
- Weight273 g
- Width137 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $101.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $79.66
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.26
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $71.39
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.74
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $99.57
- AU $89.90Trending at AU $112.26
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.