Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.53Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAttempting to escape his childhood and youth in the South Wales valleys of the 1980s, Luke drifts to a seaside town and into a marriage and fatherhood for which he is unprepared. The arrival of a stranger - his wife's troubled sister, Christine - will change each of their lives forever. Drawn into the unspoken, destructive mystery at the heart of the two women's childhoods, Luke finds his own understanding of himself and others unravelling. His confession is a compelling story of passion, loss, regret and the need to find redemption from the haunting power of the past. Mercy Seat is a stunning work of fiction, mapping a toxic, triangular love affair against the topography of South Wales during the 1984 miner's strike. 'Wayne Price is a fine poet and an accomplished short story writer, so it's surprise that his first vel, Mercy Seat, is an impressive piece of work. In his characteristic spare, pared-down prose - t one word is wasted - he tells a stark story of love and loss in harsh, troubled times. It's a bleak tale, elegantly crafted, beautifully told (the handling of time is masterly) and the telling itself becomes redemptive.' Alan Spence, author of The Night Boat, The Pure Land and Way to Go.
- Author BiographyWayne Price was born in South Wales in 1965 and has lived and worked in Scotland since 1987. He has won many national and international prizes for his short stories and poetry and his work has been widely published in anthologies and journals including the Bridport Prize Anthology, Stand Magazine, Carve Magazine, Edinburgh Review and Gutter. He teaches literature and creative writing at the University of Aberdeen. Furnace, published by Freight Books in February 2012, is his acclaimed debut story collection, which was long-listed for the Frank O'Connor International Short Story Award and was short-listed for Saltire Scottish First Book of the Year.
- Author(s)Wayne Price
- PublisherFreight Books
- Date of Publication12/01/2015
- SubjectGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationGlasgow
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFreight Books
- Weight227 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $52.84
- AU $12.13Trending at AU $16.69
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $74.66
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.43
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $30.90
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.27
- AU $22.01Trending at AU $22.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.