All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $108.10
- AU $52.60Trending at AU $60.89
- AU $72.44Trending at AU $78.95
- AU $17.95Trending at AU $27.10
- AU $36.85Trending at AU $50.63
- AU $13.04Trending at AU $15.65
- AU $27.03Trending at AU $28.21
About this product
- DescriptionFrom author DJ Anderson comes a first vel full of heartache and honest truths about the human heart. Anderson's rich, textured storytelling and deep understanding of untold desires weave a striking romance on par with the best literary women's fiction. This intimate portrait of a modern woman, torn between the life she has chosen and the road t taken, will strike a chord with readers in their fifties as in their twenties. Set on the shores of Lake Michigan, Mercy of the Fallen follows the secret, failed romance between Elizabeth Sawyer and Simon Walker as they journey from adolescence into adulthood. Across time, distance, and lives that have grown entirely separate, they manage to keep track of each other through their mutual friend Sara Foley who inadvertently brings them to ather crossroads. Delving into the often untold What if? questions of life, Mercy of the Fallen is a page-turning tale of forgiveness and redemption.
- Author BiographyDJ Anderson was born in Wisconsin and raised on the shores of Lake Michigan. A graduate of Stetson University and Wesleyan University, DJ earned a master's degree with her thesis in art, Behind the Facade, an exploration of what is known and unknown about the individuals in our lives. Mercy of the Fallen explores this same theme, peppered with anecdotes from DJ's life experience, and the stories strangers have told her while waiting in the grocery line. DJ is a noted storyteller and amateur psychoanalyst with an eye for detail. She approaches her writing just as she approaches the world-with compassion and matter-of-fact wisdom. While writing an entirely different novel, the story of Elizabeth and Simon persistently interrupted DJ's creative process until she was forced to turn her full attention to its development. In the throes of the creative process, she spent hours pounding the pavement during long runs, putting miles on her bicycle, and swimming thousands of laps, which served as her private meditation. Not only did she finish the novel, but she also went on to participate in three triathlons. Like her Mercy of the Fallen character, Elizabeth, DJ is also a classically trained pianist and choral singer. Her debut singing experience was at the age of seven when she sang Que Sera, Sera on a local radio program. DJ lived in New England for 23 years, but currently resides in Nashville, Tennessee, where she is an avid runner, bird watcher, and the director of communications for an independent school.
- Author(s)Dj Anderson
- Date of Publication08/04/2010
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight426 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.