All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book critically examines the socio-cultural role of achievement within education, arguing that the increasingly global demand for measurable standards of academic achievement is an expression of political ideology and the aggressive competitive reality of a neo-capitalist schooling system, resulting in many students feeling socially worthless.
- Author BiographyKhen Lampert is a Lecturer in the Department of East Asian Studies, Tel Aviv University, Israel. He has previously published Traditions of Compassion; Compassionate Education: Prolegomena for Radical Schooling; and co-authored A Voice Unheard: Insight to Children's Distress.
- Author(s)Khen Lampert
- PublisherPalgrave Macmillan
- Date of Publication24/12/2012
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBasingstoke
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPalgrave Macmillan
- Content Notebiography
- Weight342 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.68Trending at AU $111.07
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.34
- AU $35.45Trending at AU $40.70
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.33
- AU $19.36Trending at AU $23.93
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.01
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.