Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.99Free postage
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by sunrisebookshop
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the author of The Gustav Sonata The wonderful new historical vel set in seventeenth-century England from Rose Tremain, author of Restoration (shortlisted for the Booker Prize), The Road Home (winner of the Orange Prize) and Trespass (a Richard & Judy pick). Merivel has been called 'wonderfully entertaining' (Guardian Books of the Year) and 'an unadulterated delight' (Independent) and has been shortlisted for the Walter Scott Prize for Historical Fiction. The gaudy years of the Restoration are long gone and Robert Merivel, physician and courtier to King Charles II, sets off for the French court in search of a fresh start. But royal life at the Palace of Versailles - all glitter in front and squalor behind - leaves him in despair, until a chance encounter with the seductive Madame de Flamanville, allows him to dream of a different future. But will that future ever be his? Summoned home urgently to attend to the ailing King, Merivel finds his loyalty and skill tested to their limits. Over a million Rose Tremain books sold. A writer of exceptional talent ...Tremain is a writer who understands every emotion . (Independent I). There are few writers out there with the dexterity or emotional intelligence to rival that of the great Rose Tremain . (Irish Times). Tremain has the painterly genius of an Old Master, and she uses it to stunning effect . (The Times). Rose Tremain is one of the very finest British velists . (Salman Rushdie). Tremain is a writer of exemplary vision and particularity. The fictional world is rendered with extraordinary vividness . (Marcel Theroux, Guardian).
- Author BiographyRose Tremain's bestselling novels have been published in thirty countries and have won many awards, including the Orange Prize (The Road Home), the Whitbread Novel of the Year (Music & Silence) and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize (Sacred Country); Restoration was shortlisted for the Booker Prize. Rose Tremain was made a CBE in 2007 and was appointed Chancellor of the University of East Anglia in 2013. She lives in Norfolk and London with the biographer, Richard Holmes. www.rosetremain.co.uk
- PrizesShortlisted for Walter Scott Prize for Historical Fiction 2013.
- Author(s)Rose Tremain
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication18/07/2013
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight256 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.62
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.81
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $59.41
- AU $21.81Trending at AU $24.79
- AU $15.99Trending at AU $21.19
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.66
- AU $39.99Trending at AU $40.55
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.