Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $13.72Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.39
- AU $89.95Trending at AU $107.81
- AU $69.95Trending at AU $77.47
- AU $19.97Trending at AU $20.37
- AU $28.09Trending at AU $28.43
- AU $22.62Trending at AU $22.86
- AU $16.48Trending at AU $17.15
About this product
- DescriptionThe Stone Age monuments at Avebury in Wiltshire are world-famous, attracting thousands of visitors each year. Two of the most dramatic are the ermous burial chamber kwn as the West Kennet Long Barrow, and Silbury Hill, the largest man-made mound in Europe. Less well kwn is Silbury's 'sister' mound at Marlborough a few miles due east, but this is thing less than the legendary burial place of Merlin. These extraordinary sites are the key locations of the vel 'Merlin's Mound', in which an adolescent is awakened in startling fashion to their meaning and original purpose. It will appeal to everyone from the protagonist's age upward with a taste for myth, legend and visions.
- Author BiographyNigel Bryant's involvement with Arthurian matters is long-standing. As theatre director and radio drama producer he has worked on Arthur-related plays and series by writers including C S Lewis, Rosemary Sutcliff, Susan Cooper and Kevin Crossley-Holland, and as a translator he has published modern English versions of The High Book of the Grail (Perlesvaus), the Perceval of Chretien de Troyes and its Continuations, Robert de Boron's Merlin and the Grail and a new compilation of the medieval French romances, The Legend of the Grail.
- Author(s)Nigel Bryant
- PublisherMandrake of Oxford
- Date of Publication05/05/2004
- SubjectHistorical & Mythological Fiction
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintMandrake of Oxford
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight183 g
- Width200 mm
- Height135 mm
- Spine10 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.