All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTeach social-emotional competence to preschoolers with the NEW edition of the Strong Start - Pre - K curriculum! Part of the Strong Kids(TM) series, Strong Start is the fun, easy way to help young children develop the social-emotional skills they need to build a strong foundation for school success. Developed by a team of educational and mental health experts, this evidence-based, age-appropriate curriculum is * Low cost and low tech* Proven to help increase young children's kwledge of healthy behavior* Easy to implement with training required* Brief eugh to use with any program Through engaging classroom activities, children learn about emotions and the social-emotional skills they'll use for the rest of their lives: managing anger, reducing stress, solving interpersonal problems, and more. This scientifically based curriculum runs for 10 weeks, and lessons are easy to fit into your existing schedule. Partially scripted lessons, handouts, and worksheets are included - all photocopiable and available as downloads - so you have everything you need to implement the program with little added cost or preparation.
- Author BiographySara A. Whitcomb, Ph.D., is currently Associate Professor in the School Psychology program in the Department of Student Development at the University of Massachusetts in Amherst. She teaches courses pertaining to developmental psychopathology, psychology in the classroom, behavioral assessment, and school-based consultation. Dr. Whitcomb works with several school districts on their implementation of School-wide Positive Behavioral Interventions and Support, and her current research efforts include investigation of quality implementation features and consultation related to school-based behavioral and social-emotional learning efforts. She has co-authored several articles, the fourth edition of a textbook entitled, Behavioral, Social, and Emotional Assessment for Children and Adolescents, and she has previously held positions as a special education and general education teacher in grades K-8. Danielle M. Parisi, Ph.D., is a Research Scientist with Amplify, an educational technology company. She is a school psychologist whose work emphasizes prevention and early intervention for improving academic and social outcomes for students. She conducts research and provides professional development in the areas of Response to Intervention/Multi-tiered Systems of support, evidence-based instructional practices, and data-based decision making. Hill M. Walker Ph.D. is Director of Center on Human Development, College of Education, University of Oregon.
- Author(s)Barbara A. Gueldner,Danielle M. Parisi,Danielle M. Parisi Damico,Dianna Carrizales-Engelmann,Laura L. Feuerborn,Oanh K. Tran,Sara A. Whitcomb
- PublisherBrookes Publishing Co
- Date of Publication30/04/2016
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationBaltimore
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBrookes Publishing Co
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight525 g
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.