All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionServing a diverse and famous part of rth-west England, this is a detailed look at this busy and oft-igred suburban railway network that has become a Merseyside institution. The self-contained electrified network has 75 route miles, serving the County of Merseyside, the Wirral, West Lancashire and parts of Cheshire, providing safe and efficient transportation for over 100,000 passengers daily. The system operates some of the oldest trains in daily use on the UK mainland network, yet is one of the best performing operators in the country consistently achieving high passenger satisfaction figures. With scenes from the network past and present, a photographic journey is undertaken illustrating t only the changes to the rolling stock, but also showing the infrastructure and the varied landscape that provides a backdrop to the frequent, well-patronised services. Complete with a history of how the network has developed from the early 1970s, with colour illustrations throughout, includes a route map and current fleet list.
- Author BiographyMartyn Hilbert is an avid railway enthusiast and photographer since school days and has spent much effort and time in travelling on and recording the changing scene on the UK network since the mid 1970s. The Merseyrail Electric system has always been a particular favourite. He has been fortunate to have amassed a personal archive of notes, colour transparencies and latterly digital images. Having had occasional photographs and articles published in various railway periodicals and publications over the years, Merseyrail Electric is his first book.
- Author(s)Martyn Hilbert
- PublisherFonthill Media
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectTrains & Railways: General Interest
- Place of PublicationToadsmoor Road
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintFonthill Media
- Content Note153 colour photographs
- Weight300 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.34New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $125.99Trending at AU $127.76
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $61.99Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.24Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $24.60Trending at AU $30.82
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.