All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionAs one of Britain's largest cities, Liverpool was heavily targeted during the two world wars. Many residents of Merseyside lost their lives in the conflict, both in active combat and as a result of hardships on the Home Front. In this book, author Anthony Hogan has endeavoured to capture the trials and tribulations of the times in pictures and words, preserving the memory of many local men, women and children, as well as telling of their courage and comradeship during these most trying periods. Throughout these pages, you will read about the emotion and tragedy that took over people's lives during the madness of war. Often heartbreaking, sometimes humorous, these personal and individual stories offer an insight into a way of life that very few of us will ever kw. Above all, Merseyside at War pays tribute to the people of Liverpool and Merseyside who served and lived through the two world wars, their endurance, and their ability to carry on regardless of how terrible or hopeless things might have seemed.
- Author BiographyAnthony Hogan first became interested in this topic through his own family involvement in the two world wars. His grandfather died fighting in Italy during the Second World War, and two of his great grandfathers fell at Ypres in the First World War. Further research has brought him to his home city, whereupon he realised the bravery and sacrifices made by so many from the area. His avid dedication resulted in the creation of the hugely popular 'Liverpool and Merseyside Remembered' website, which has attracted over half a million visitors to date. Anthony has also worked alongside the BBC and local newspapers to compile local wartime news items, and was involved in the research and filming of the wartime special edition of the Antiques Roadshow, filmed at the site of the Somme in France. This is his first book.
- Author(s)Anthony Hogan
- PublisherAmberley Publishing
- Date of Publication15/01/2015
- SubjectLocal History, Names & Genealogy
- Place of PublicationChalford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintAmberley Publishing
- Content Note50
- Weight318 g
- Width165 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine9 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.03
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.