All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMillions of people struggle with severe clutter and hoarding. Barry Yourgrau is one of them. Behind the door of his apartment, Yourgrau's life is chaos. Confronted by his exasperated girlfriend, he embarks on a heartfelt, wide-ranging and too often uproarious project to take control of his apartment and life, and to explore the world of extreme hoarding. Encountering a professional declutterer, a Lacanian shrink and Clutterers Anymous-t to mention Britain's most excessive hoarder-as well as explorations of the bewildering universe of new therapies and brain science, Yourgrau navigates uncharted territory: clearing shelves, boxes and bags; and sorting through a lifetime of messy relationships. Mess is the story of a man's efforts to let go, clean up his space (physical and emotional) and save his relationship.
- Author BiographyWriter-performer Barry Yourgrau is the author of acclaimed books of brief fiction, including Wearing Dad's Head and The Sadness of Sex, in whose film version he starred. He's appeared on MTV and NPR, and written for the New York Times, Huffington Post, Paris Review, and Vice, among others. Born in South Africa, he lives in New York and Istanbul.
- Author(s)Barry Yourgrau
- PublisherWW Norton & Co
- Date of Publication13/09/2016
- SubjectAutobiography: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWW Norton & Co
- Weight230 g
- Width140 mm
- Height211 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.56
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.