All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis edition of Messa da Requiem is based on Verdi's autograph score and other authentic sources. The appendixes include two pieces from the compositional history of the Requiem: an early version of the Libera me, composed in 1869 as part of a collaborative work planned as a memorial to Rossini; and the Liber scriptus, which in the original score of the Manzoni memorial Requiem was composed as a fugue in G mir. The introduction to the score discusses the work's genesis, instrumentation, and problems of tation, while the critical commentary discusses the editorial decisions and traces the complex compositional history of the Requiem.
- Author BiographyDavid Rosen is professor emeritus of music at Cornell University and the author of Verdi: Requiem.
- Author(s)Giuseppe Verdi
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication24/10/2016
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Width216 mm
- Height279 mm
- Edited byDavid Rosen
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $203.69New
Marketing Management: an Asian Perspective by Swee Hoon Ang, Kevin Lane Keller, Siew-Meng Leong, Chin Tiong Tan, Philip Kotler (Paperback, 2013)
- AU $74.22New
- AU $61.33Used
- AU $93.50New
- AU $101.60New
- AU $70.98New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.10
- AU $22.41Trending at AU $23.51
- AU $114.99Trending at AU $120.22
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.65
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.54
- AU $39.20Trending at AU $50.30
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $74.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.