All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMeta Analysis: A Guide to Calibrating and Combining Statistical Evidence acts as a source of basic methods for scientists wanting to combine evidence from different experiments. The authors aim to promote a deeper understanding of the tion of statistical evidence. The book is comprised of two parts - The Handbook, and The Theory. The Handbook is a guide for combining and interpreting experimental evidence to solve standard statistical problems. This section allows someone with a rudimentary kwledge in general statistics to apply the methods. The Theory provides the motivation, theory and results of simulation experiments to justify the methodology. This is a coherent introduction to the statistical concepts required to understand the authors' thesis that evidence in a test statistic can often be calibrated when transformed to the right scale.
- Author BiographyDr. E. Kulinskaya - Director, Statistical Advisory Service, Imperial College, London. Professor S. Morgenthaler - Chair of Applied Statistics, Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne, Switzerland. Professor Morgenthaler was Assistant Professor at Yale University prior to moving to EPFL and has chaired various ISI committees. Professor R. G. Staudte - Department of Statistical Science, La Trobe University, Melbourne. During his career at La Trobe he has served as Head of the Department of Statistical Science for five years and Head of the School of Mathematical and Statistical Sciences for two years. He was an Associate Editor for the Journal of Statistical Planning & Inference for 4 years, and is a member of the American Statistical Association, the Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society and the Statistical Society of Australia.
- Author(s)Elena Kulinskaya,Robert G. Staudte,Stephan Morgenthaler
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication29/02/2008
- Series TitleWiley Series in Probability and Statistics
- Place of PublicationHoboken
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white tables, figures
- Weight422 g
- Width156 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.