About this product
- DescriptionA hard genre to pull off successfully, but Reylds succeeds in giving the two-dimensional heroes of comics a more three-dimensional existence in prose. - The Guardian Meta was all the fun I expected. I will certainly be picking up the second in this series. - Boing Boing It's been ten years since Conr Conlly lost his parents in 'The Battle'; a fight between The Goverr and Jones, two of the world's strongest metas. Before 'The Battle' the world had been full of metas, super-powered humans whose amazing abilities came from mysterious wristbands. Since that day one has never been seen again. Now 16 years old, Conr lives in Bay View City with his older brother Derrick, a meta-obsessed blogger, where he's just trying to keep his head down long eugh to survive high school. All of that changes the night he attempts to save a girl's life and wakes up to find the first new pair of metabands anyone has seen wrapped around his wrists. Conr soon finds an unlikely ally in Midnight, a masked vigilante who helps him learn how to harness his new abilities, while also trying to balance his summer job at the lake. As a meta, Conr becomes kwn as Omni, potentially the most powerful meta the world has ever seen, but it isn't long before he finds out he's longer alone...
- Author BiographyTom Reynolds graduated from The University of Maryland - College Park with a Bachelor of Arts in American Studies, where he also accidentally minored in English. He lives in Brooklyn, NY with a dog named Ginger, who despite being illiterate proved to be a really great late night writing partner. He is also the co-host of the popular comedy podcast The Complete Guide to Everything and the new pop culture podcast Pop Everything.
- Author(s)Tom Reynolds
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectYoung Adult Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight245 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.