All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionVolume V deals with the problems of turver in the nervous system. Turver is defined in different ways, and the term is used in different contexts. It is used rather broadly in the present volume, and intentionally so. The turver of macromolecules is only one aspect; here turver in- dicates the simultaneous and coordinated formation and breakdown of macromolecular species. The complexities of cerebral protein turver are shown in a separate chapter dealing with the synthesis of proteins, in ather on breakdown, and in still ather on the relationship of these two (showing how the two halves of turver are controlled). The fact that most likely the two halves of protein turver, synthesis and breakdown, are separated spatially and the mechanisms involved are different further emphasizes the complexity of macromolecular turver. Turver is used in a different context when the turver of a cycle is discussed; but here again a number of complex metabolic reactions have to be interrelated and controlled; some such cycles are discussed briefly in this volume, additional cycles have been discussed with metabolism, and some cycles still await elucidation or discovery.
- Author(s)G. M. Lehrer,J. M. Ritchie,Margaret R. Murray,Michael M. Brand,N. Marks,Paul Greengard,Paul Mandel,R. Rodnight,Sidney Roberts,Yasuzo Tsukada
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication21/01/2013
- SubjectLife Sciences: General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note18 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight697 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine25 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
- AU $99.90Trending at AU $101.68
- AU $95.00Trending at AU $99.21
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.