All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMetacognition refers to the monitoring of one's own thought processes and one's existing state of kwledge and this textbook overviews the topic and its applications with regard to the needs of students of psychology, education and educational psychology. Easy-to-conduct demonstrations are included for students to try for themselves as vivid illustrations of the course material and biographies introduce students to some of the most influential leaders in metacognition.
- Author BiographyJohn Dunlosky is Associate Professor of Psychology at Kent State University. He received his Ph.D. in cognitive psychology from the University of Washington in 1993. He has been extensively involved in metacogntive research, both theoretical and applied, for over 15 years and has written journal articles and book chapters and has edited monographic volumes on the topic, including Hacker, Dunlosky, and Graesser's Metacognition in Educational Theory and Practice (LEA, 1998). He has worked with grants from the Department of Education, the National Institute on Aging, and elsewhere on applied cognitive research and applying metacognition to learning. He is on the editorial board of the newly established journal Metacognition and Learning. Janet Metcalfe is Professor of Psychology and of Neurobiology and Behavior at Columbia University. She has been extensively involved in metacognitive research, both theoretical and applied, for over 15 years and has written journal articles and book chapters and has edited monographic volumes on the topic, including Metcalfe and Shimamura's Metacognition: Knowing about Knowing (MIT, 1994). She is on the editorial board of the newly established journal Metacognition and Learning.
- Author(s)Janet Metcalfe,John Dunlosky
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication14/10/2008
- SubjectPsychology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight454 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Cravings: Recipes for All the Food You Want to Eat by Adeena Sussman, Chrissy Teigen (Hardback, 2016)
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.64New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $20.06New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.10Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $25.80Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.