All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMany adults who experience severe mental illness also suffer from deficits in metacognition - put simply, thinking about one's own thought processes - limiting their abilities to recognize, express and manage naturally occurring painful emotions and routine social problems as well as to fathom the intentions of others. This book presents an overview of the field, showing how current research can inform clinical practice. An international range of expert contributors provide chapters which look at the role of metacognitive deficit in personality disorders, schizophrenia, and mood disorders, and the implications for future psychotherapeutic treatment. Divided into three parts, areas covered include: * how metacognitive deficits may arise and the different forms they might take * the psychopathology of metacognition in different forms of mental illness * whether specific deficits in metacognition might help us understand the difficulties seen in differing forms of severe mental illness. Offering varying perspectives and including a wealth of clinical material, this book will be of great interest to all mental health professionals, researchers and practitioners.
- Author BiographyGiancarlo Dimaggio is a psychiatrist and a psychotherapist at the Third Center of Cognitive Psychotherapy in Rome. He is currently involved in clinical work and research on pathology and treatment of personality disorders. Paul H. Lysaker is a clinical psychologist at the Roudebush Virginia Medical Center in Indianapolis Indiana and an Associate Professor of Clinical Psychology in the Department of Psychiatry Indianapolis School of Medicine. His current research interests include the development of metacognitive capacity through individual psychotherapy for persons with schizophrenia.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication11/03/2010
- SubjectPsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note5 black & white illustrations, 11 black & white tables
- Weight657 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byGiancarlo Dimaggio,Paul H. Lysaker
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.52Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.