All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWith this book, the handy homeowner goes back to school to learn how to tackle metal working projects and repairs around the house, saving money and guaranteeing good results. From installing and maintaining galvanized metal rain gutters and downspouts, to repairing and augmenting ductwork for hot air heating systems, to cutting and joining iron and copper pipe for plumbing repairs and installations, Metal Working will help the handy homeowner tackle many of these tasks himself. Although home metal working is t as widespread as woodworking, many home workshops include metal working equipment. This book will give the reader a basic introduction to metal working tools, skills and techniques. Covering everything from understanding the differences among the various metals and their alloys, to cutting metal with a hacksaw, the reader will learn all the fundamentals of working with metal through to finishing surfaces by grinding, polishing and patinating.
- Author BiographyJohn Kelsey is a journalist, an editor and a writer who specialises in woodworking and furniture making. He is a former editor in chief for Fine Woodworking magazine and the author of several woodworking books. He currently serves as the Editorial Director for Fox Chapel Publishing.
- PublisherFox Chapel Publishing
- Date of Publication01/03/2011
- SubjectHouse & Home
- Series TitleBack to Shop Class
- Place of PublicationEast Petersberg
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintFox Chapel Publishing
- Content Notefull colour throughout, includes photographs
- Weight367 g
- Width190 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byJohn Kelsey
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.47
- AU $49.60Trending at AU $53.12
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.88
- AU $32.08Trending at AU $45.10
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.60
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.15
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.65
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.