Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn her w-classic tale The Silver Metal Lover, award-winning author Tanith Lee told the spellbinding story of Jane and her forbidden love for a robot named Silver. In this stunning follow-up, the legend of their tragic romance lives on. But thing is as it was or as it seems. As an orphan growing up in the slums, Loren read her clandestine copy of Jane s Story over and over, relishing every word. But Loren is Jane. Savvy and street-smart, Loren could never be stirred by a man of metal, her passion never ignited by an almost-human even one designed for pleasure. Still, when the META corporation does the unthinkable and brings back updated versions of robots past Loren kws she must see Silver. And just like Jane, it is love at first sight. But Silver is w Verlis. If he was perfection before, he is w like a god. Yet he is more human than his creators think or fear. While Loren doesn t quite trust him, she will follow her twice-born lover into a battle to control his own destiny one that will reveal to her the most astonishing illusion of all.
- Author BiographyTanith Lee was born in 1947 in London, England. She received her secondary education at Prendergast Grammar School, Catford. She began to write at the age of 9. After school she worked variously as a library assistant, a shop assistant, a filing clerk, and a watiress. At age 25 she spent 1 year at art college. From 1970 to 1971 three of Lee's children's books were published. In 1975 DAW Books USA published Lee's The Birthgrave, and thereafter 26 of her books, enabling her to become a full-time writer. To date she has written 58 novels and 9 collections of novellas and short stories. Four of her radio plays have been broadcast by the BBC and she has written 2 episodes of the BBC cult series Blake's Seven. Her work has been translated into over 15 languages.Lee has twice won the World Fantasy Award for short fiction, and was awarded the August Derleth Award in 1980 for her novel Death's Master.In 1992 Lee married the writer John Kahne, her partner since 1987. They live in southeast England with one black-and-white cat.
- Author(s)Tanith Lee
- PublisherSpectra Books
- Date of Publication01/03/2005
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectScience Fiction & Fantasy
- Series TitleSilver Metal Lover
- Series Part/Volume Number2
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpectra Books
- Weight163 g
- Width108 mm
- Height180 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsMass market (rack) paperback,Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $16.95Trending at AU $19.66
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.14
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.02
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.07
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.54
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.