All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIn 1991, Metallica released their fifth studio album that would become kwn and beloved around the world as The Black Album. Since its release, it has sold 30 million copies, and become a towering monument in the pantheon of rock's greatest records. Readers will get unprecedented insight into the story behind an iconic album from one of the world's most iconic bands through interviews with James Hetfield, Lars Ulrich, Kirk Hammett, Jason Newsted, and Black Album producer Bob Rock. Masciotra takes readers into the recording studio, giving them Metallica's account of how their most successful and famous record was born and learned to walk into every radio station and stadium stage around the world. Masciotra t only talks to the band about the making of the album, but also the stories that inspired the songs. Readers will t only learn about The Black Album, but they will also gain greater kwledge and familiarity with the men who created it. With direct access to the band, Masciotra offers a fascinating and inspiring account of the creation of one of music's best and best-selling albums.
- Author BiographyDavid Masciotra is a cultural critic and political commentator. He is the author of Mellencamp: American Troubadour. He writes regularly for Salon and AlterNet.
- Author(s)David Masciotra
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication05/11/2015
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Series Title33 1/3
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Academic USA
- Weight125 g
- Width120 mm
- Height165 mm
- Spine15 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $99.00Trending at AU $100.37
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.46
- AU $85.90Trending at AU $91.12
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $84.02
- AU $95.88Trending at AU $100.60
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $107.45
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.