All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionDramatic advances in understanding global tectonics have been made in the last half century and the information and specific data acquired on the floor of the World Ocean by the scientific community probably has exc- ded that available in all previous time. With the benefit of new techlogy and advanced concepts in the earth sciences extensive exploration of the deep seabed became possible, and has been carried out in many parts of the world. Many features have been recognized and data recorded that are vital for understanding the fundamental processes that shape the earth=s surface and control the habitable environment. The data collected to date on the o- an floor and its physical environment greatly exceeds our understanding and appreciation of their fundamental importance in the earth sciences, and our ability to apply this kwledge effectively in improving our way of life. With his extensive scientific kwledge and unique experience from - ny cruises in association with scientists throughout the world, Dr. Evgeny Gurvich has made an outstanding contribution in acquiring basic data on hydrothermal and sedimentation processes in the ocean, as well as in the synthesis of data and concepts available from cruise reports and an extensive literature.
- Author BiographyEVGENY GURVICH was born in 1947 in Moscow. He received his Ph.D. and D.Sc. degrees from the P. P. Shirshov Institute of Oceanology in Moscow where he remained for more than 25 years. From 2003 until 2005 he worked as a guest scientist at the Alfred Wegener Institute for Polar- and Marine Research in Bremerhaven (Germany). He is the author of about 200 scientific publications and reports, including 5 monographs. He has participated in 27 scientific expeditions and received several honors and awards.
- Author(s)Evgeny G. Gurvich
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication18/11/2005
- SubjectGeography & Earth Science: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note38 black & white tables, biography
- Weight779 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $24.64
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.