All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMetaphysics: An Introduction combines comprehensive coverage of the core elements of metaphysics with contemporary and lively debates within the subject. It provides a rigorous and yet accessible overview of a rich array of topics
, connecting the abstract nature of metaphysics with the real world. Topics covered include: * Basic logic for metaphysics * An introduction to ontology * Abstract objects * Material objects * Critiques of metaphysics * Free will * Time * Modality * Persistence * Causation * Social ontology: the metaphysics of race This outstanding book t only equips the reader with a thorough kwledge of the fundamentals of metaphysics but provides a valuable guide to contemporary metaphysics and metaphysicians. Additional features such as exercises, antated further reading, a glossary, and a companion website www.routledge.com/cw/ney will help students find their way around this subject and assist teachers in the classroom.
- Author BiographyAlyssa Ney is Associate Professor of Philosophy at the University of California - Davis, USA. She is editor (with David Albert) of The Wave Function: Essays in the Metaphysics of Quantum Mechanics (2013).
- Author(s)Alyssa Ney
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/07/2014
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note30 black & white line drawings
- Weight566 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.55
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.88
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.39
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.