Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.19
- AU $13.90Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.18
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.24
- AU $23.32Trending at AU $32.85
- AU $71.09Trending at AU $79.99
- AU $50.05Trending at AU $66.59
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents work at the forefront of scholarly debate about the relevance of substantial metaphysical theories to science. * Responds in particular to recent publications by Brian Ellis on scientific essentialism, especially on the topics of laws, natural kinds and realism. * Contains a new paper by Brian Ellis, commentary and criticism from philosophers on Ellis's work, and a reply by Ellis to his critics.
- Author BiographyAlice Drewery is Lecturer in Philosophy at the University of Reading, and the author of articles on philosophy of science, philosophy of language and metaphysics. She is a member of the committee of the British Society for the Philosophy of Science, and an associate editor of the journal Ratio.
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication10/05/2006
- Series TitleRatio Special Issues
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBlackwell Publishing Ltd
- Weight156 g
- Width139 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine7 mm
- Edited byAlice Drewery
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.