Metatheory for the Twenty-First Century: Critical Realism and Integral Theory in Dialogue by Taylor & Francis Ltd (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $47.81Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $83.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMetatheory for the 21st Century is one of the many exciting results of over four years of in-depth engagement between two communities of scholar-practitioners: critical realism and integral theory. Building on its origins at a symposium in Luxembourg in 2010, this book examines the points of connection and divergence between critical realism and integral theory, arguably two of the most comprehensive and sophisticated contemporary metatheories. The Luxembourg symposium and the four more that followed explored the possibilities for their cross-pollination, culminating in five positions on their potential for integration, and began the process of fashioning a whole new evolutionary trajectory for both integral theory and critical realism. The contributors to this book bring together critical realism and integral theory in order to explore the potential of this collaboration for the advancement of both. Highlighting the ways in which these metatheories can transform scholarship and address the most pressing global issues of the 21st century, this book will be of interest to students, scholars and practitioners in the areas of metatheory, philosophy, social theory, critical realism, integral theory and current affairs more generally.
- Author BiographyRoy Bhaskar (1944-2014) was the chief architect of the philosophy of critical realism and the author of many acclaimed and infl uential works, including A Realist Theory of Science, The Possibility of Naturalism, Scientific Realism and Human Emancipation, Reclaiming Reality, Philosophy and the Idea of Freedom, Dialectic: The Pulse of Freedom, Plato Etc., Reflections on meta-reality and From Science to Emancipation. Prior to his death, while this book was in preparation, he was founding chair of the International Centre for Critical Realism and World Scholar at the UCL Institute of Education, University of London. Sean Esbjorn-Hargens is the founder of MetaIntegral, a network of organizations that apply integrative metatheories to global challenges. He is also the executive editor of the Journal of Integral Theory and Practice and editor of the SUNY Series in Integral Theory. Nicholas Hedlund is executive director of the Integral Research Center (www.integralresearchcenter.org) and a PhD researcher at University College London, Institute of Education (University of London), where he is conducting emancipatory social research into the philosophical, cultural and psychological dimensions of climate change. Mervyn Hartwig is founding editor of the Journal of Critical Realism and principal author and editor of the Dictionary of Critical Realism.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication15/07/2014
- SubjectSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note25 black & white illustrations, 9 black & white tables, 1 black & white halftones, 24 black & white line drawings
- Weight521 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byMervyn Hartwig,Nicholas Hedlund,Prof. Roy Bhaskar,Sean Esbjorn-Hargens
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $199.00Trending at AU $201.75
- AU $67.99Trending at AU $70.85
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $75.94
- AU $64.69Trending at AU $68.88
- AU $36.17Trending at AU $70.69
- AU $108.88Trending at AU $111.37
- AU $90.00Trending at AU $92.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.