Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $99.97Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by oodals
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $153.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA comprehensive, highly accessible introduction to arts-based research (ABR), this widely used text provides a practical guide for researchers who want to uncover information that traditional methods cant capture. Patricia Leavy addresses all eight major ABR genres--narrative inquiry, fiction-based research, poetry, music, dance, theatre, film, and visual art. Following a consistent format, chapters review how each genre developed, explore its methodological variations and the kind of research questions it can address, and describe sample studies. An exemplary research article or online video link demonstrates each set of techniques in practice. New to This Edition: * Covers two additional ABR genres: fiction-based research and film. * Chapter on the criteria for evaluating ABR studies. * Most end-of-chapter exemplars are new; plus links to online exemplars added for ABR performance studies. * Chapters restructured to follow a consistent format. * Implications for creative arts therapies are addressed throughout. * Increased attention to public scholarship and audience issues. * Expanded discussions of ABR as a paradigm, playbuilding, and techlogy. Pedagogical Features: * Checklists of issues to consider when deciding how to use a particular method. * Discussion questions and activities that can be worked on in class or assigned. * Antated lists of suggested readings and websites, including links to online performance pieces. * Instructive research examples from multiple disciplines. * Flexibly organized so that chapters can be read independently or in sequence.
- Author BiographyPatricia Leavy, PhD, is an independent sociologist and former Chair of Sociology and Criminology and Founding Director of Gender Studies at Stonehill College in Easton, Massachusetts. She is the author, coauthor, or editor of over 20 books. She is also the creator and editor of seven book series. Known for her commitment to public scholarship, she is frequently contacted by the U.S. national news media and has regular blogs for The Huffington Post, The Creativity Post, and We Are the Real Deal. Dr. Leavy has received numerous awards for her work in the field of research methods, including the New England Sociologist of the Year Award from the New England Sociological Association, the Special Achievement Award from the American Creativity Association, the Egon Guba Memorial Keynote Lecture Award from the American Educational Research Association Qualitative Special Interest Group, and the Special Career Award from the International Congress of Qualitative Inquiry. In 2016, Mogul, a global women's empowerment platform, named her an Influencer. Dr. Leavy delivers invited lectures and keynote addresses at universities and conferences. Her website is www.patricialeavy.com.
- Author(s)Patricia Leavy
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication10/02/2015
- SubjectThe Arts: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight652 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.87
- AU $23.22Trending at AU $28.84
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.71
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.55
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.93
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.52
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.31
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.