All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis volume presents different conceptual and theoretical frameworks as well as research methods that have helped educational researchers to study emotions. It includes invative approaches that push the methodological boundaries that have served educational researchers until w and proposes new ways of researching emotions in educational contexts. In particular, this edited volume provides a historical frame for studying emotions. It connects theoretical/epistemological views with choice of research methods and describes specific methods helpful in doing research on emotions as they are grounded in different theoretical and disciplinary traditions such as psychology, philosophy, sociology, history, political science, cultural studies, and feminist studies. Finally, it appreciates the contextual and international dimensions of studying emotions in education and contributes to ongoing debates about the implications of our methodological choices for understanding emotion in education. This combination of variety, timeliness, potential for transformation of the field, and uniqueness make this a very valuable resource to introduce new scholars in the field alongside established scholars.
- Author BiographyMichalinos Zembylas is Associate Professor of Educational Theory and Curriculum Studies at the Open University of Cyprus. He is also Visiting Professor and Research Fellow at the Institute for Reconciliation and Social Justice, University of the Free State, South Africa. He has written extensively on emotion and affect in relation to social justice pedagogies, intercultural and peace education, human rights education and citizenship education. His forthcoming book is titled Emotion and Traumatic Conflict: Re-claiming Healing in Education (Oxford, 2015). Paul Schutz is currently a professor in the Department of Educational Psychology at the University of Texas at San Antonio. His research interests include the nature of emotion, emotional regulation, and teachers' understandings of emotion in the classroom. He is a past president for Division 15: Educational Psychology of the American Psychological Association and a former co-editor of the Educational Researcher: Research News and Comment, a lead journal for the American Educational Research Association.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication11/03/2016
- SubjectAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note9 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight637 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Edited byMichalinos Zembylas,Paul A. Schutz
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $189.94New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.27New
- AU $93.07Used
- AU $93.07New
- AU $101.13New
- AU $80.68New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $81.72
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.18
- AU $39.00Trending at AU $50.07
- AU $68.00Trending at AU $73.88
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.43
- AU $21.32Trending at AU $23.52
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.