All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWolfgang Stegmuller was born on June 3rd, 1923, at Natters near Innsbruck. He received his doctorates in ecomics and philosophy in 1945 and 1947 respectively, and his qualification (Habilitation) for lecturing in philosophy in 1949. He has been Professor of Philosophy, Logic, and Philosophy of Science at the Ludwig Maximilian University at Munich since 1958. He reintroduced analytic philosophy and philosophy of science in Germany by teaching and by publishing both introductory texts and research work in these areas; the present understanding of the term Wissenschaftstheorie is largely shaped by his work. At the same time he has shown a remarkable ability to interpret philosophical work in other areas of philosophy, even when that work is shaped by different premises and proceeds by very different methods and standards of clarity than his own. He is one of the very few philosophers in the world to have succeeded in creating an important new line of research in technical philosophy while keeping a syptic view of what is transpiring in philosophy as a whole. Among Stegmuller's major publications are the books Hauptstromungen der Gegenwartsphilosophie, Metaphysik, Wissenschaft, Skepsis, Probleme und Resultate der Wissenschaftstheorie und Analytischen Philosophie, The Struc- turalist View of Theories, and Rationale Rekonstruktion von Wissenschaft und ihrem Wandel (which contains an Autobiographische Einleitung ). Some of these books have been translated into English and Spanish.
- Date of Publication15/05/1983
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationDordrecht
- Country of PublicationNetherlands
- ImprintKluwer Academic Publishers
- Content Notebiography
- Weight779 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Edited byCarl G. Hempel,H. Putnam,Wilhelm K. Essler
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.