All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe papers collected in this volume were presented at the International Symposium on Methods and Materials in Microelectronic Techlogy. This symposium was sponsored by IBM Germany, and it was held September 29 - October 1, 1982, in Bad Neuenahr, West Germany. The progress of semiconductor and microelectronic techlogy has become so rapid and the field so sophisticated that it is imperative to exchange the latest insight gained as frequently as it can be accomplished. In addition, it is peculiar for this field that the bulk of the investigations are carried out at industrial research and development laboratories, which makes some of the results less readily accessible. Because of these circumstances, the academic community, which among other things, is supposed to communicate the prog- ress in this field to students of different disciplines, finds it rather difficult to stay properly informed. It was the intent of this IBM sponsored symposium to bring together key scientists from academic institutions, primarily from Europe, with principal investigators of the industrial scene. Accordingly, this symposium exposed techlogists to scientists and vice versa. Scientific advances often lead directly to techlogical invations. In turn, new techlogies are often arrived at empirically and, because of that, are initially poorly understood. Scientific inquiry then attempts to probe these processes and phemena in order to achieve a better understanding. Thus science and techlogy are intricately interconnected, and it is important that technical exchange between techlo- gists and scientists is facilitated, since the problems are typically interdiscipli- nary in nature.
- Author(s)Joachim Bargon
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication24/12/2012
- Series TitleThe IBM Research Symposia Series
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight721 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1984
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.65New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.65
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.80Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.