All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPsychologists use diverse methods to study thought and behaviour. Methods and Measurements highlights the different ways that psychology researchers ask questions and how they attempt to answer them. The methodologies include experiments that help assess cause and effect, correlational studies to show relationships among complex behaviours, questionnaires to evaluate attitudes and behaviours, observational studies to find out about naturally occurring behaviours, and other approaches. This new, full-colour volume also discusses the ethics of doing research with people and how researchers have sometimes violated ethical standards as they subjected people to physical and psychological harm.
- Author BiographyBernard C. Beins received his Ph.D. from the City University of New York and is a professor of psychology at Ithaca College. He is a recipient of the Charles L. Brewer Distinguished Teaching Award whose publications include Best Practices: Beginning and Ending the Psychology Major and Research Methods: A Tool for Life.
- Author(s)Bernard B. Beins
- PublisherChelsea House Publishers
- Date of Publication30/09/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleStudent Handbook to Psychology
- Place of PublicationBroomall
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintChelsea House Publishers
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, colour illustrations, colour tables, figures
- Weight386 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.93
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.